The General Public is hereby informed that the Sales of Admission Form into the Various Academic Programs (Courses) of the Plateau State College of Health Technology, Zawan for the 2022/2023 Academic Session will commence on Tuesday 20th April, 2021.
COLLEGE OF HEALTH ZAWAN COURSES
REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION
Entry Requirements. Combination of WAEC and NECO is acceptable, only 5 credits at WAEC/NECO/GCE/NATEB, O level at not more than 2 sittings. These MUST include: English, Biology/Health Science, Chemistry and Mathematics (compulsory), others to make up 5 credits, could be either: Geography, Food Nutrition, Technical Drawing, Economics, Commerce and Physics etc. Entry through JAMB, UTME.
Duration: 4 Calender Years.
Certificate Awarded: Higher National Diploma, Environmental Health
Entry Requirements. 3 credit level at SSCE/NECO/GCE/NATEB O level at not more than 2 sittings. These MUST include: English, Biology/Health Science, Chemistry, and Mathematics (compulsory). Others could be passes in any 2 of these: Geography, Economics, Commerce, Food Nutrition, Technical Drawing and Agriculturak Science.
Duration: 3 Calender Years
Certificate Awarded: Diploma in Environmental Health
Entry Requirements. Five passes at SSCE/NECO/GCE/NATEB at not more than 2 sittings. These must include English, Biology/Health Science, Chemistry, and Mathematics (compulsory). Others could be passes in any 2 of these: Geography, Economics, Commerce, Food Nutrition, Technical Drawing, Agricultural Science.
Duration: 2 Calender Years
Certificate Awarded: Certificate in Environmental Health
Entry Requirements. 4 credit level at SSCE/NECO/GCE O level at more than 2 sittings. These must include: Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science (compulsory) others could be any 2 of these: Food and Nutrition, Physics, Economics, Mathematics/Statistics and Health Science. At least a pass in English Language and Mathematics is compulsory.
Duration: 2 Calender Years with 1 year SIWES
Certificate Awarded: National Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics
Entry Requirements. (a) Applicants for the programme must possess five (5) credits passes in GCE, SSCE, NECO or Grade II which must include English Language, Biology and any three (3) science subjects including (i.e. Chemistry, Physics, Health Science, Integrated, General Science and Nutrition). (b) Holders of Environmental Science Assistant (EHA), Junior Community Health Extension Worker (J-CHEW), Medical Lab. Assistant (MLA), Dental Surgery Assistant (DSA), Certificate Health Education (CHE) and Pharmacy Assistant Certificate (PAC) who have the basic requirement for diploma and one (1) year post-qualification experience can be admitted into 200 level of the Health Promotion and Education (HPE) programme.
Structure Of The Programme. The Programme has four (4) components namely:
- Classroom Teaching
- Practical field experienced
- Project(Research Work)
Examination Regulations. The regulations are subject to the West African Examination Board (WAHEB) General Examinations Regulations for Diploma in Health Promotion and Education Programme.
- A student is required to register for a minimum of sixteen (16) credit Units and a maximum of twenty-one (21) credit unit per semester.
- A student must earn seventy-four (74) credits to be qualified for Diploma in Health Promotion and Education.
- A student with a CGPA of less than one (1.00) will be advised to withdraw from the programme.
- The assessment of the student’s performance in all the courses Except the project Essay will be as follows: – Continuous Assessment -30% – Written Examination-70%
- Project Essay and Defense carries a total of 100%.
Duration: Two (2) academic sessions of four (4) semesters
Certificate Awarded: DIPLOMA, HEALTH PROMOTION AND EDUCATION
Entry Requirements. 4 credit level at SSCE/NECO/GCE O level at more than 2 sittings. These must include: Mathematics, English Language, Biology/Health Science/Agricultural Science (compulsory) and any other from Geography, Economics, Commerce, Food and Nutrition, Chemistry and Physics.
Duration: 2 Calender Years
Certificate Awarded: National Diploma in Hospitality Management
- Interested applicants are to obtain RRR (Remitta Retrieval Reference Number) for payment of the cost of forms into any Commercial Bank and come to the College to obtain the form from the Administration Department for completion.
- The forms are obtainable at ICT Center of the College after payments of Seven Thousand Naira (N7,000.00) for HND courses and Five Thousand Naira (N5,000.00) for other Courses.
- Details of admission requirements are as advertised on the Notice Board of the College Completed application forms with the photocopies of credentials are to be submitted to the Admission officer at the Registry Department of the College.
NOTE: Candidates for admission into (a). National Diploma in Community Health, (b) National Diploma in Environmental Health and (c). National Diploma in Health Information Management (HIM) programs need not UTME) purchase the College forms as Admission into these programs is strictly through JAMB (Retrainees are also to apply through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) for the Admin, please.
CHT ZAWAN Portal: https://chtzawan.edu.ng/
College of Health Zawan Website: https://chtzawan.edu.ng/
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
Note that the closing date for the Sales of Admission Forms is 20th August, 2022.