- This is to inform all candidates who apply for admission through UTME that there will be screening exercise for those who chose Yobe State University as their FIRST CHOICE with an aggregate score of 160 and above.
ONLINE REGISTRATION for post UTME/DE screening for 2020/2021 admission commences on Monday 13th July, 2020.
- Accountancy / Finance / Accounting
- Agricultural Engineering
- Arabic and Islamic Studies
- Arabic Studies
- Biological Science(s)
- Business Administration
- Business Education
- Computer Science
- Education and Biology
- Education and Chemistry
- Education and Economics
- Education and English Language
- Education and Geography
- Education and History
- Education and Islamic Studies
- Education and Physics
- Education Arts
- English Language
- Islamic Studies
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Science Education
- Sociology and Anthropology
- Must have registered for the UTME and chose YSU as his/her first choice;
- Must have passed the UTME, by acquiring the minimum JAMB and/or the institutional cut-off marks or higher for the programmes applied.
Direct Entry Candidates:
- Direct entry applicant must have gotten the minimum ‘A’ Level qualification/grade relevant to his/her chosen programme;
- Must have a minimum of five (5) relevant passes at credit level, including English and Mathematics in the Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE), the National Examination Council (NECO), National Business and Technical Education Board (NABTEB), and National Board for Arabic and Islamic Studies (NBAIS) in not more than two (2) sittings;
- Must have attended the University’s Post-UTME screening exercise within the prescribed deadline; and
- Must have uploaded his/her ‘O’ Level and ‘A’ Level result(s), as the case may be, on the JAMB Central Admissions Processing System (CAPS) platform, at least,prior to the Post-UTME screening.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Eligible candidates should come forward for Post UTME and Departmental Screening scheduled as follows:
Step I: Online registration for Post UTME screening
- Candidates are to purchase registration Scratch Cards at a non- refundable fee of two thousand naira (N2,000.00) payable into the Yobe State University through Remita and print the slip at any bank. Account Number: 2032347328, First Bank in Damaturu, Gashua, Nguru and Potiskum.
- ONLINE REGISTRATION for post UTME/DE screening for 2020/2021 admission commences on Monday 13th July, 2020.
Register online through Yobe State University Post-UTME Portal at https://ysu.edu.ng/putme.
All candidates willing to participate in the screening must fulfill the following requirements:
- Candidates must have chosen Yobe State University as their 1st choice and have scored the minimum required cut-off marks for the Departments they applied.
- Candidates who have not met the required cut-off marks for the programmes they chose as their first choices but have the appropriate scores to change to other relevant programmes must visit JAMB portal to do so.
- Candidates who wrongly applied for inappropriate programmes such as Education arts; Education Science; Education Social Science; Arabic & Islamic Studies; Sociology and Anthropology and Biological Sciences must also visit JAMB portal to change to more appropriate courses as indicated below:
Candidates should change to B A (Ed) Arabic/English/Hausa/History /Islamic Studies, instead of Education Arts;
- B Sc (Ed) Biology/Chemistry/Mathematics/Physics, instead of Education Science;
- B Sc (Ed) Economics/Geography/Business Education instead of Social Science Education;
- B.A. Arabic Studies or Islamic Studies instead of Arabic and Islamic Studies;
- B.Sc. Biology instead of Biological Science which is the nomenclature of the department, but the programme is Biology; and
- B. Sc, Sociology instead of Sociology and Anthropology.
- All awaited A’ level and O’ level results not uploaded by candidates during UTME/DE registration must be uploaded to JAMB admission portal for consideration.
- Candidates must print their original JAMB result slips before attending the Departmental screening.
- Original certificates/statement of results from last schools attended only will be entertained during departmental screening while internet browsed O’ level results obtained not later than two years will be accepted (i.e. 2017-2019).
- Correct and accurate information must be supplied during the post UTME/DE online registration as false claims will render applications invalid while such claimants will be handed over to the appropriate authorities.
Wishing you the best of luck and accept the Vice Chancellor’s warm regards please.