This is to inform the general public that the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) are inviting applications from suitable and qualify candidates for admissions into the Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria for 2019 academic session. The sales of application pin and registration will commence from the 10th of January and closes on the 21st February, 2019.
GENERAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: The general and basic requirements for admission into the First Degree ( B.sc, B.A, B.tech, B.eng, B.ed……), National Diploma (ND), National Innovation Diploma (NID), and Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) programmes are:
UTME CANDIDATES : Five (5) O’Level Credit passes including English Language. Details are available in the eBrochure which would be given to each Candidate at the JAMB accredited CBT centres and State-Offices. It is also available for download at www.jamb.gov.ng and on Android Mobile App(JAMB IBASS) from the Google Play store. DO NOT GIVE YOUR PASSWORD to any centre (or Cyber Café). Any centre that asks for more than your profie code, email address and registration number is a fraudster. Do not give any password.
DIRECT ENTRY (DE) CANDIDATES: Candidates with any of the following qualifcations may be considered for admission by Direct Entry;
- A minimum of O’Level credit pass in Five (5) SSCE subjects at not more than two sittings with at least two prescribed subjects [for each programme (course of study)] at Principal or Advanced level.
- Two passes (in prescribed subjects for each course of study) at the Advanced-Leve Examination of IJMB, Cambridge, JUPEB or Institute of Baccalaureate with SSCE/GCE, NTS/NBC credits equivalents in three other subjects.
- Passes in two major subjects in the NCE with S.S.C.E., NTC/NBC credits or equivalents in THREE other subjects (mainly for Education Courses) and ND.
- Minimum of lower credit grade in National Diploma or National
Innovation Diploma and the O’Level requirements.
- DE CANDIDATES WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE THEIR JAMB
REGISTRATION NUMBERS WITH WHICH THEY GAINED ADMISSION TO
NCE/NID/DIPLOMA AND PREVIOUS DEGREE PROGRAMMES.
- QUALIFICATIONS AWARDED BY EXAMINATION BODIES (IJMB,
CAMBRIDGE, WAEC, JUPEB, etc) APPROVED BY NIGERIA SHALL NOT
REQUIRE ANY PREVIOUS JAMB NUMBER.
- CANDIDATES NEED NOT TAKE UTME AND DE AT THE SAME TIME. IF
THEY APPLY THROUGH UTME AND LATER OBTAIN DE QUALIFICATION,
THEY CAN UPGRADE THEIR UTME TO DE AT NO COST.
CAVEAT (warning): Registration can only be done at the centres listed on our site (www.jamb.gov.ng) and pasted at JAMB offices in each State capital. Anybody who registers outside these centres does so at his/her risk.
CANDIDATES ORDER OF CHOICE OF INSTITUTIONS: Every candidate should take note that the 1st choice can be a College of Education, University, Innovation Enterprise Institution,
Polytechnic/Monotechnic, Nigerian Defence Academy or the Police Academy.
STEPS FOR JAMB UTME/DIRECT ENTRY REGISTRATION 2019:
- PROFILE REGISTRATION:
- One Cell (mobile) number (SIM) can be used by one candidate only.
The Cell phone number used for the text message is automatically
tied to the Candidate’s name and will be used in all communications
related to his/her 2019 Application, Examination/Admission.
- NOTE :THE SIM-NUMBER USED. IT IS OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE FOR
- Candidate sends his/her name [Surname First-Name Middle-Name (if any)] by text (SMS) to 55019. This should be maximum of
38 characters + 2 spaces between names = 40 characters in all to
55019 e.g Tinubu Adamu Odumegwu. Surname and First name are mandatory.
- A Profile Code of 10 characters is received by the candidate on the
same telephone(SIM) number.
- Candidate presents the profie code to the point of procurement of
form (Banks, MMOs, MFBs, Switches, USSD Partners). The form-ePIN is then sent as text message to the candidate.
- Candidate presents the ePIN at any JAMB accredited CBT Centre for
2. SELF HELP IN CASE OF MISTAKE/LOSS OF PROFILE CODE:
- To correct a mistake in candidate’s name, send the [CORRECT
Surname First-Name Middle-Name] to 55019 as a text message
from the same mobile number.
- To retrieve a lost Profile Code, send [RESEND] to 55019 as text
message from the same mobile number.
- Candidate can reset lost or forgotten Profile Password on their
registered cell phone by sending [password] space [email address]
to 55019 as a text message from the same mobile number.
3. (FREE COMPLAINT) TICKETING: For ALL complaints on JAMB processes, candidates can create a support ticket at (support.jamb.gov.ng) with his/her email address registered on the Board’s site. The candidate then provides his/her name, phone number and the nature of issue,
select a complaint area on a drop down and then summarize the nature of complaint. He/she may also attach supporting documents (if available) then send.
NOTE THAT YOUR PASSWORD SHOULD NOT BE RELEASED TO
ANYONE. JAMB CAN ONLY HELP ON PROFILE-PASSWORD, NOT
E-MAIL-BOX-PASSWORD. YOU CAN ALSO CHECK YOUR
ADMISSION STATUS ON JAMB IBASS APP ON YOUR PHONE. DO
NOT CHECK AT ANY CYBER CAFÉ THAT WOULD DEMAND YOUR
PASSWORD WHICH IS THEN USED TO STEAL YOUR RECORDS.
“TO BE FOREWARNED IS TO BE FOREARMED”
4. JAMB ePIN SELLING POINTS
The ePIN outlets are:
- NIPOST and eleven Participating Banks (ACCESS, FCMB, FIDELITY,
FIRSTBANK, JAIZ, Polaris, Stanbic IBTC, STERLING, UNION and
- Mobile Money Operators: Paga, e-Transact, Pocket Moni, TEASYPay
,Packway Projects (Readycash) and Xpress payment solutions.
- Participating Micro Finance Banks: Trust MFB, Zazzau MFB, Obeledun
MFB and Regent MFB.
- Online Payment Platforms: System Specs (Remita),InterSwitch
(Quickteller) Upper-link, e-Transact and Unified Payment Services
- Cooperative Society: JAMB Multi-Purpose Cooperative Society.
- Others: Unique ICT, Digital Partners Network.
- POS (Citi-Serve).
- ATMs of banks listed in 5D (i) above (InterSwitch).
- USSD (ERCAS) for mobile banking.
- Nigerian Embassies in Abidjan, Accra, Addis Ababa, Beau, Cotonou, Jeddah, Johannesburg, and London.
5. DUTIES OF PARTICIPATING BANKS/OUTLETS
- Collect the Prole Code from candidate’s phone.
- Collect payment and vend ePIN by SMS to candidate’s phone (Not dictating or copying)
- Facilitate POS Payment, if necessary.
- Issue Evidence of Payment.
- Collect Centre Service Fees, if requested by the CBT Centre.
- E-PIN is to be delivered electronically to candidates and not to be
6. SIX D I F F E R E N T M O D ES/ M E T H O D S O F PAY M E N T /
PROCUREMENT OF ePIN FOR REGISTRATION (CHOOSE
I. PAYMENT THROUGH BANKS INCLUDING MICRO FINANCE
(a) Present Prole Code and pay by cash or card
(b) ePIN is then delivered to the candidate’s unique telephone number.
II. PAYMENT THROUGH POS
This is available at State Offices of JAMB + CBT Centres, other POS
outlets and any CBT Centre that demands it
(a) Present Profile Code and pay by card.
(b) ePIN is then delivered to the candidate’s unique telephone number.
III PAYMENT THROUGH MOBILE MONEY OPERATORS: This is available at CBT Centres and Other Outlets;
(a) Present Profile Code and pay by cash.
(b) ePIN is then delivered to the candidate’s unique telephone number.
IV. PAYMENT USING ATM: This is available on all ATM outlets of Participating Banks listed in 5D (I) (Interswitch Channel);
(a) Select Bill Payment and then pick JAMB.
(b) Enter Profle Code and pay.
(c) ePIN is then delivered to the candidate’s unique telephone number.
V. ONLINE PAYMENT ON JAMB PORTAL
(a) Visit JAMB website: www.jamb.gov.ng
(b) Click purchase of 2019 Application Document.
(c) Enter your Profile Code.
(d) Select payment method (Interswitch, Remita, e-Transact, Unied
Payment S o l u t i o n s , Upper –link or Paga).
(e) Make payment.
(f) ePIN is then delivered to the candidate’s unique telephone number.
VI. PAYMENTS USING USSD (ERCAS)
(a) Dial *565*6*55019#
(b) Enter Profile Code.
(c) Select bank and follow the prompts to complete payment.
(d) ePIN is then delivered to the candidate’s unique telephone number.
VII. Procedure for the eight foreign centres only is as follows:
(a) Registration fee for candidates from the eight foreign countries is
$20 or its equivalent in each of the eight countries.
(b) Candidates from the eight foreign countries are to download the
Application from the Board’s website (www.jamb.gov.ng) complete
and summit it with the fee at the eight designated centres as
indicated on the website.
7. HOW TO RECOVER LOST e-PIN AFTER PAYMENT
- If ePIN is not Received or Lost, send [UTMEPIN] or [DEPIN] to 55019
for UTME or DE respectively from the unique number.
- The ePIN would then be retrieved and delivered on the candidate’s unique number.
AFTER SUCCESSFUL PAYMENT AND OBTAINING ePIN, CANDIDATE SHOULD PROCEED TO ANY OF THE JAMB ACCREDITED CBT CENTRES TO COMPLETE HIS/HER REGISTRATION
8. REGISTRATION CENTRES
- Only the accredited Computer Based Test Centres and JAMB Ofces
will be allowed to register candidates.
- Each candidate should visit any accredited CBT centre (the list of
accredited centres is on our website (www.jamb.gov.ng), with
his/her personal details, the prole and evidence of payment.
9. REGISTRATION PROCESS AT CBT CENTRES: The candidate PERSONALLY presents the e-PIN at any JAMB accredited CBT Centre for validation and completion of registration. The name of the candidate as typed by the candidate on his/her phone when registering the profile comes up automatically on the input of the e-PIN by the CBT centre.
ALL CANDIDATES ARE EXPECTED TO:
- Pay NOT more than N700 as Service Charge to any of the accredited CBT Centres (Do not accept to leave your particulars for proxy registration. It will disqualify you).
- Provide Biodata including Date of Birth, Nationality, State of Origin, Local Government, Gender, e-mail address, telephone number, among others ( It is wait and get service).
- Provide choice of institutions and programmes (course of study).
- Provide qualification with grades and dates, if not awaiting result.
- Upload relevant certificates, if not awaiting result (this is applicable
for both UTME and Direct Entry (DE) candidates.
- O/Level and or A/Level grades are to be provided by candidates. Candidates
who are awaiting results should supply (upload) the results online on CAPS (JAMB) as soon as they are available on JAMB’s portal. No recommendations from any Institution will be considered by JAMB if the candidate has not uploaded his/her result on the portal of JAMB.
- Supply JAMB registration number for previous institutional
certificates for DE only.
- Provide UTME subjects and choice of examination town(s) for
(a) Mock examination (optional).
(b) Examination for UTME (actual examination).
- Do picture capture (no scanning of passport photograph).
- Do Biometric enrolment (ten fingers).
- Review entries and confirm correctness.
- Print Registration Slip USING BIOMETRIC AUTHENTICATION to confirm valid fnger-print (UTME/DE). Note that authentication with your thumb removes blames of error from the CBT operators. Check before you confirm with your thumb.
- Collect, at no other cost, the reading text and CD.
- Each Candidate is to collect his/her e-slip at the end of registration
as evidence of registration.
- There will be no offline registration, as all the accredited CBT.
- centres have been empowered for real time online registration. No candidate should register at any centre other than the accredited CBT centre and JAMB State-Offices. Any candidate who is registered outside approved centres will be identified and disqualifed.
9. BLIND CANDIDATES
Candidates who are blind are to indicate by typing BLIND and also picking the option of writing their examination through CBT mode or Read Examination Aloud.
10. DEAF/MUTE CANDIDATES
A special indicator for the deaf/mute has been created to differentiate them for special attention at the examination hall. Deaf candidates are therefore to conrm this appropriately during registration.
11. BIOMETRIC CHALLENGES:
- Candidates with biometric challenges can only register at
JAMB headquarters in Abuja.
- No other CBT centre is allowed to register such candidates.
- They will also sit for their examination at JAMB headquarters in
DATES AND VENUE FOR UNIFIED TERTIARY MATRICULATION EXAMINATION:
DATE: The 2019 CBT EXAMINATION will commence on Saturday, 16th March and end on Saturday, 23rd March, 2019.
VENUE: The venue of the examination will be at any centre in the candidate’s
chosen examination town(s).
JAMB DOES NOT POST ANY CANDIDATE TO ANY EXAMINATION TOWN (OR GROUP OF TOWNS) OTHER THAN THE ONE CHOSEN BY THE CANDIDATE AT THE POINT OF REGISTRATION. CANDIDATES ARE, HOWEVER, ADVISED TO REGISTER ON TIME BEFORE THE AVAILABLE SPACES IN THEIR TOWN OF CHOICE OR GROUP OF TOWNS ARE EXHAUSTED.
REGISTRATION FEE/PROCUREMENT OF REGISTRATION e-PINs
- egistration Fee is Three Thousand Five Hundred (N3, 500) Naira Only. Additional Five Hundred (N500) Naira only, is paid to obtain the reading text “Sweet Sixteen” by Bolaji Abdullahi for UTME Candidatesa nd “The Last Days at Forcados High School” by A. H. Mohammed for DE Candidates and $20 for Candidates from the eight foreign centres.
- A CD containing JAMB eSyllabus, eBrochure and other vital materials is
also given free.
- Candidates should note that ePINS purchased are tied to individual
profile and are not transferable.
- Candidates are advised to keep as private and confidential their security details such as registration numbers, password/numbers of ATM Cards, email addresses and ePINs. No centre is allowed to request for or accept a candidate’s password.
- The Board will also conduct a mock examination in all the accredited CBT centres to prepare and familiarise INTERESTED Candidates with the CBT environment. Interested candidates are advised to indicate their interest in the mock examination during registration provided it is on or before 31 January, 2019.
- The date for MOCK examination shall be from Saturday 23 February, 2019.
- Non-JAMB CBT Centres are allowed to collect, through their bank accounts, a separate Seven Hundred Naira (₦700) only, for mock exercise from only interested candidate(s) after notification of centre has been received by the candidate(s). The payment for mock examination by the candidate shall be made to the centre to which the candidate is assigned after the notification of assigned centres for the mock examination. No Association or body is permitted to run any mock examination on behalf of JAMB.
DO NOT PAY FOR MOCK UNTIL JAMB ASSIGNS YOU TO A CBT CENTRE. NO ONE SHOULD PATRONISE FRAUDSTERS. ONLY JAMB ACCREDITED CBT CENTRES CAN DO VAL ID
REGISTRATION AND SERVE AS EXAMINATION CENTRES
- All candidates must mandatorily register their profiles through text messages as illustrated above before proceeding to buy the e-PIN.
- The registration fee is non-refundable.
- As it is the practice, centres are allowed to charge not more than Seven Hundred Naira (₦700) only as registration fee. Any centre that charges more than Seven Hundred Naira (₦700) should be reported to JAMB for appropriate sanctions.
- All CBT centres have been mandated to select any of the participating banks, MMOs, MFBs, etc. These fnancial institutions are to be present at the CBT centres for the purpose of collecting all fees. No CBT centre staff is allowed to conduct direct cash transaction with the candidates.
- Candidates are advised to read and understand the guidelines on admission and instructions on how to complete the online registration before commencing the process of registration.
- Multiple registrations are not allowed. Candidates who register morethan once will be identifed and disqualifed.
- Candidates should note that they are required to be present and take live photograph which will be embossed on their result slips and admission letters. No scanned/stapled passport photograph is allowed.
- Candidates are to note that irrespective of their choice of course of study, they will also be tested on a general text: Sweet Sixteen by Bolaji Abdullahi for UTME and “The Last Days at Forcados High School” by A.H. Mohammed for Direct Entry Candidates.
- Candidates/Offcials would not be allowed to enter into the examination centre with earphones, wristwatches, mobile phones, electronic devices, or any pen/biro. Only common pencil is allowed.
- Candidates are warned that the Board does not require nor authorise the services of ANY cyber cafe or establishment other than the accredited CBT centres for this exercise.