ABOUT INDEPENDENT NATIONAL ELECTORAL COMMISSION (INEC)
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) was established by the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to among other things organize elections into various political offices in the country.
The commision is inviting eligible and patriotic Nigerians for the open ad-hoc vacancies on the following positions:
Outlined below are the various positions available and their requirements, Please make sure you read the instructions below before you begin your registration.
SUPERVISORY PRESIDING OFFICER (SPO)
- Must be a Public / Civil servant on Grade level 10 – 14 OR
- A Registration Area Officer (INEC Staff) .
REGISTRATION AREA CENTER (RAC) MANAGER
- Must be a staff (GL 07 and above) of the school / Institution / Public building hosting the RAC.
PRESIDING OFFICER (PO) / ASSISTANT PRESIDING OFFICER (APO)
- Must be a Serving Corps member OR
- A penultimate student of a Federal/State tertiary institution in Nigeria OR
- A staff of an MDA with an OND qualification OR
- A former corps member (Not later than 2017 batch)
REGISTRATION AREA TECHNICAL SUPPORT (RATECH)
- Must be a suitable INEC staff (not engaged in any other duties) OR
- A serving corps member where available OR
- A student of Information Technology institutions OR
- A penultimate student of a Federal Tertiary Institution.
NOTE: All Returning enrollees should enroll based on the appropriate category that currently applies to them.
WHAT TO DO BEFORE REGISTERING
Before you register on this platform, ensure you have the following ready;
- A functional email address.A functioning mobile phone number.
- A personal account number.
- A recent and clear plain background passport photograph not larger than 50KB.
- Contact details of referee such as email address and phone number.
- A valid means of identification (Staff ID No./ Student ID No).
- An NYSC Callup Number for former corps members from 2017.
HOW TO APPLY ONLINE
- Visit the INEC recruitment portal below http://pres.inecnigeria.org/app/inec-iasd.html and creat an account and start your registration.
- Review the requirements for the available positions.
- Candidates are expected to go through the requirements for all available Election staff positions to determine your Eligibility
- Click on Register and follow the instructions.
- Check your email for an account verification link and password
Note: if mail is not found on your INBOX folder, kindly check SPAM or send a mail email@example.com
- Click the account verification link sent to your email to activate your account.
CHANGE OF PASSWORD
- After changing your password, you are automatically logged into the portal and presented with an application form
FILLING THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
- This online application form is segmented into three (3) section;
- Personal Information, Contact Information and Bank Details.
- Ensure you fill in your details correctly.
- You will not be allowed to edit details once they are submitted.
PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH OFFLOAD
Candidates are required to upload a recent plain background passport photograph. Please make sure the size is not larger than 50KB
- Check the Attestation box
- Every information provided, will be subjected to validation from your source institutions/organization/referees
FINAL SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORM
Applicants are expected to Print their acknowledgement slip.
- Print your acknowledgement slip.You will need this for the final verification.
- All submissions are FINAL. Please be sure to review your information thoroughly before you submit.
NOTE: Deployment would be done based on your selected state of residence.
APLLICATION CLOSING DATE: 21st January, 2019