Federal Minisry of Education under the leadership of Honourable Minister of Education Malam Adamu Adamu, are inviting intrested and qualified Nigerians for Computer Based Test (CBT) Examination which will enable them for the 2019 Federal Government Scholarship Award under Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Federal Government Scholarship.
Countries Under Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) with Nigeria
- Undergraduate Programmes tenable in the following Countries: Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Tunisia, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Ukraine, Japan and Macedonia.
- Postgraduate Programmes(M.Sc and Ph.D) tenable in the following Countries: Russia( for candidates who obtained their first degree from Russia Republic), China, Hungary, Sebia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico and South Korea.
Field of Study Under Bilateral Education Agreement Federal Government Scholarship:
1. Undergraduate Programmes:
- Environmental Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Medicine (very limited)
2. Postgraduate Programmes: Masters Degree and Ph.D in all fields of study.
Eligibilty and Requirements for the Scholarship:
1. Undergraduate Scholarship:
- Candidates applying for undergraduate degree scholarship MUST posses a minimum qualification of Five (5) Dinstinction (As and Bs) in their Senior Secondary School Certificates, WAEC ( May/June) onlynin the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics.
- Applicants certificates should NOT be more than two (2) years old (2017/2018), and one (1) year (2018) for African Countries.
- Only Applicants between the age of 18-20 years will be considered.
2. Postgraduate Scholarship:
- All Applicants for Postgraduate Scholarship MUST posses First Class or atleast Second Class Upper in their First Degree.
- Candidates who are recepients of previous Foreign Scholarship Awards must have completed atleast two (2) years post qualificaton or employment practice in Nigeria.
- Evidence of readiness to be released by Employer.
- All Candidates must have completed NYSC mandatory Service (NYSC discharge Certificate or Exemption Certificate)
- Applicant’s Age limit is 35 years for Masters Degree and 40 years for Ph.D Programme.
Important Information for All Applicants:
- Since the Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Countries are Non-English Speaking, Applicants should prepared to undertake a mandatory one (1) year Foreign Language Course of the country of their choice of study which will be the standard medium of Language of Instruction/Learning.
- Applicants whom are to choose JAPAN as their Country of Study MUST have strong background in further Mathematics Subject.
- WAEC is the required Certificate for Candidates applying for Iman Preachers and Qur’anic Professor for Islamic Religious Studies in ALGERIA as in other Scholarship Awards.
- Applicants opting for Hungarian Scholarship can apply for up to two (2) field of study in order of Preference.
- Also Applicants applying for Hungarian Scholarships must visit the folowing website www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu before 15th of January, 2019. Complete the Application form Online, Printed the completed form and bring it to the Interview venue together with the printed BEA submitted form.
Method of Application:
- Intrested and eligible Candidates should visit Federal Ministry of Education Website www.education.gov.ng scroll down and click on Read More on Scholarship Board Icon on the Homepage or visit this link directly http://www.education.gov.ng/fsb/portal-bea-scholarships/index.php
- Creat an account using your email and password.
- Go to your Email account inbox or spam folder and verify your account.
- Return to the registration portal, login and continue with your registration.
- Follow all the guidelines and fill all the necessary spaces provided.
- Applicants are expected to choose their preferred CBT center for their Examination.
- Applicants should indicate their choice of Programme in order of Priority. eg.
(i) Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA)
(ii) Nigeian Awards (NA), Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) for Girls Only.
- Make sure that you complete the application form Online and cross-check before submiting the form.
- Applicants with double registration will be disqualified.
- Applicants must make sure that they printed the completed Application Form.
- Applicants are two submit two (2) Printed Copies of the Application Forms at the venue of the Interview.
Venue for the Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship 2019:
- Candidates should take note that the Examination is Computer Based Test (CBT) at various Jamb CBT Accredited Centers.
- All eligible and qualified Candidates are to report for Interview at the venues Schedule for accreditation a day to the date schedule for the Examination.
- Two (2) completed application forms should be submitted at the various JAMB CBT Centers with the following attarchments:
(i) Two (2) Sets of photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonials of previous Schools attended with the Originals for sighting.
(ii) Only one (1) Certificate is accepted. e.g WAEC of May/June for those applying for Undergraduate Scholarship.
(iii) Applicants are to submit two (2) copies of their Birth Certificates obtained from National Population Commision (NPC).
(iv) Original and copy of State of Origin/Local Government Certificate duly signed, Stamped and Dated.
(v) Four (4) Copied Coloured Passport sized Photograph with white background.
(v) Candidates applying for Postgraduate Scholarship will be required to submit their Academic transcript and NYSC discharge/Exemption Certificates.
NOTE: Succesful Candidates nominated by the Board will be required to submit to the Federal Scholarship Board the following:
(i) Authenticated Copies of Academic Credentials.
(ii) Applicants Data page of Current International Passport.
(iii) Specified Medical Certificate from Government Hospitals.
(iv) Police clearance Certificate where necessary.
Venues and Schedule for the 2019/2020 Federal Scholarship Board: The Computer Based Test (CBT) Examination will take place between 15th to 19th of January 2019.
ZONE STATE VENUE
North-West Kaduna, Kano Kaduna and Kano
North-East Adamawa,Taraba Yola and Jalingo
North-Central Abuja, Kwara Bwari and Ilorin
South-West Oyo, Ondo Ibadan and Akure
South-South Delta, River Asaba and P/Harcourt
South-East Abia, Imo Umuahia and Owerri