This is to inform the general public that wish to apply into the National Teachers Institute Kaduna (NTI), that the application into various programmes in the institution for the 2018/2019 academic session is in progress.
PROGRAMMES OFFER BY NATIONAL TEACHERS INSTITUTE
National Teachers Institute Kaduna (NTI), offers the following programmes;
- Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
- Bachelor’s Degree Programme (BDP)
- Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE)
- Advance Diploma in Education (ADE)
- Pivotal Teacher Training Programme (PTTP)
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN EDUCATION (PGDE): This programme is designed for graduates of non Educational Certificates (B.Sc, B.A, HND etc) who are Teachers that do not have a professional teaching certificate but are currently teaching or has the passion for teaching.
- Applicants seeking for admission into the NTI Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) are required to posses a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree Certificate (B.Sc & B.A), Higher National Diploma (HND) or its equivalent in Languages, Social Sciences, Basic Sciences or other related disciplines.
- Applicants should posses a minimum of Second Class Lower Division for Bachelor’s Degree and Lower Credit for Higher National Diploma (HND) Certificate or its equivalents respectively.
- Candidates must also meets the UTME requirements.
DURATION OF OF NTI PGDE PROGRAMME
The Post Graduate Diploma in Education programme will cover 15 calendar months which consist 12 calendar months of lectures ( course work) and the three (3) remaining months for supervised internship (TP) in specially designed schools and colleges.
NATIONAL CERTIFICATE IN EDUCATION: This programme is the minimun qualification or requirement for Teaching as adopted by the National Policy on Education.
Requirements: Candidates are required to posses five (5) Credits in any of the below certificates . One of the Credit must be in the subject choose to make it a Teaching Subject for the programme.
- Applicants must posses Senior Secondary Certificate Examination SSCE (WAEC, NECO NABTEB)
- Grade II Teacher’s Certificate (TC-II)
- Genal Certificate Examination (GCE)
- Pivotal Teacher’s Certificate (PTC)
- Higher Islamic Studies Certificate (HISC)
DURATION OF NCE PROGRAMME: This programme will cover three years with 2 year for lectures and 1 year for Teaching practice.
BACHELOR’S DEGREE PROGRAMME (BDP)
ADVANCE DIPLOMA IN EDUCATION (ADE)
PIVOTAL TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAMME (PTTP)
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT DEVELOPMENT (CPD)
HOW TO APPLY INTO NTI PROGRAMME: To apply for National Teachers Institute programme for 2018/2019 academic session follow the procedure below:
- Applicants are expected to visit www.nti.edu.ng to access the NTI official portal, from the hompage click on “Apply for Admissions to Study in NTI” or access it here www.my.nti.edu.ng
- Click on “New Students Apply” Tab to start the registration.
- Applicants are expected creat an account using aplicants personal informations, phone number and email address.
- After successful creating of an account applicants should log in and continue with their registration.
- The next stage is “Course Selection” where applicants are to choose their programme, Course of choice, state of residence and their prefered study center.
- The next stage is payment of application fee. Applicants are expected to pay the sum of money for application according to their programme by generation RRR code and make a payment through REMITA.
- NCE/ADE/PTTP Programmes – N2,500
- B.Sc/B.A Programmes- N5,500
- PGDE Programme- N10,500
- After the succesful completion of the payment applicants should returned back to their registration account and continue with their registration.
- After the filling of necessary informations, cross-check before submission of your application.
Closing Date: Submission of online Application form is 31st March, 2019